Yay another new late night DIY project! If you know me, you will know that I love mixing winter-y textures during spring and summer, and juxtaposing weird materials like fur and lucite. While cleaning out supplies that I've harvested over the past few years for my footwear degree, I found a little stash of fur offcuts that I bought from Ebay a while ago, so I decided to make the most of it. I've also decided to make my DIY projects a little clearer and cleaner, so I hope this new layout works for you all!
1. Supplies you will need: a fur offcut that is big enough to cover one side of your box, leather that will be long and wide enough to wrap around the box, and a sam browne button stud.
2. Lucite box (I got this from Muji a while back)
3. Measure out the length around your box and add about 4-5cm more. Cut the leather to the determined length that is 4cm wide. Insert the sam browne stud about 2cm away from one of the edges (or at the middle of the top of the box).
4. Using a hot glue gun, start glueing the leather strap on to your box starting at the top. Make sure you only glue small sections at a time and press down hard.
5. Once you've glued the strap around the bottom and up the other side, stop at the opening at the top. Mark out where the stud will go on the top piece of leather and slit a cross big enough to secure the stud.
6. Glue down your piece of fur (again applying glue in small sections.
And you're done!
Hope you guys have a good bank holiday weekend DIY-ing!